The NetSuite Project Management module is designed to help businesses manage their projects more effectively by providing a comprehensive set of tools for planning, tracking, and reporting on project activities. In this tutorial, we will walk through the process of creating and managing a project in NetSuite.
Creating a Project
To create a new project in NetSuite, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Projects tab in the main menu and click on the New Project button.
- In the New Project screen, enter the basic project details such as project name, customer, start and end dates, and project manager.
- Under the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) section, define the project’s phases, tasks, and milestones. You can create a hierarchy of tasks and sub-tasks to organize the project’s activities.
- Once you have defined the WBS, you can assign resources to each task, set task durations and dependencies, and estimate the effort required for each task.
- You can also define the project’s budget and billing rates, assign billing rules to tasks, and track project expenses.
Tracking Project Progress
Once the project is created, you can use NetSuite’s project management tools to track the progress of each task and monitor the overall project performance. To track project progress, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Project dashboard and click on the project you want to track.
- In the Project Overview screen, you can see the project’s status, timeline, budget, and billing information.
- Under the WBS section, you can see the progress of each task, including the actual vs. planned duration, effort, and cost.
- You can also use NetSuite’s Gantt chart to visualize the project’s timeline, dependencies, and critical path.
- To update the project progress, you can enter the actual effort, duration, and cost for each task and mark them as completed.
Reporting on Project Performance
NetSuite’s project management module provides a wide range of reporting options to help you monitor the project’s performance and make informed decisions. To generate a project report, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Reports tab in the main menu and click on the New Report button.
- In the Report Builder screen, select the project management module and choose the report type you want to generate, such as Project Status, Task List, or Resource Allocation.
- Define the report criteria and filters to customize the report output.
- Run the report and review the results. You can export the report to various formats, such as Excel, PDF, or HTML.
By following these steps, you can create, manage, and track your projects effectively using NetSuite’s project management module. NetSuite’s project management tools provide a powerful and flexible platform for businesses of all sizes to manage their projects and improve their overall performance.